The Scott County Board of Commissioners appoints citizens and local officials to serve on a variety of advisory boards and committees through an open appointment process. The process allows the Commissioners to select volunteers from the broad base of talent, diversity, knowledge and skills of citizens to benefit County government. A summary of each committee's duties and information on member terms and meeting times can be found by using the links to the left.
Applications for membership on any of these committees will be taken at any time. You will be notified when a vacancy occurs.
If you have any questions or are interested in serving on one of these committees, contact Deb Brazil at email@example.com or 952-496-8601.
Completed application forms may be returned via
• U.S. Mail at 200 Fourth Avenue West, Shakopee MN 55379;
• Fax at 952-496-8180; or
• E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 1- The Cities of Belle Plaine, Jordan (precincts 1 and 2), New Prague (precinct 2), and Shakopee (precinct 5); and Belle Plaine, Blakeley, Helena, Jackson, Louisville, St. Lawrence, and Sand Creek Townships.
- District 2 – The Cities of Elko New Market and Prior Lake (precincts 2 and 3); and
Cedar Lake, Credit River, New Market, and Spring Lake Townships.
- District 3 – The City of Shakopee, precincts 1-4, 6-8, 12A, and 12B.
- District 4 – The Cities of Prior Lake (precincts 1, 4, 5, 6A, 6B, and 7) and Shakopee (precincts 9, 10, 11 and 13).
- District 5 – The City of Savage.