HELP US BE READY
WHEN DISASTER STRIKES!
The mission of the Medical Reserve Corps is
to allow local volunteer medical and health professionals to contribute their
skills and expertise throughout the year as well as during times of community need.
The Medical Reserve Corps is a community-based, civilian volunteer program that helps build the public health infrastructure of communities nationwide. Each MRC unit is organized and trained to address a wide range of challenges from public health education to disaster response. Here is a 7 minute video explaining the MRC. watch the video
MEDICAL RESERVE CORPS OF SCOTT COUNTY
Scott County MRC volunteers have assisted the Scott County Public Health Department with weekly immunization clinics, mobile health and dental clinics, H1N1 immunization clinics, education at public health events and general office support.
WHO CAN JOIN?
The Scott County MRC provides volunteers with opportunities to donate their time and expertise right here in Scott County. Individuals with health backgrounds are helpful, however, professionals who live or work in Scott County are encouraged to join. We believe everyone has an important skill to offer. MRC volunteer opportunities exist in many areas:
- Healthcare professionals, such as physicians, nurses, pharmacists, dentists, nursing assistants, respiratory therapists, medical assistants, veterinarians, EMTs, paramedics, etc.
- Public Health professionals, such as epidemiologists, health educators, biostatisticians, public health nurses, environmental health professionals, etc.
- Mental Health professionals, such as social workers, counselors, psychologists
- Individuals with other skills, such as interpreters, chaplains, support staff, and IT professionals.
- Retirees and students are also encouraged to join.
SIGN UP NOW!
To become a volunteer with the MRC of Scott County you need to register with Minnesota Responds and the Scott County Volunteer program. Sign up now by using the online registration forms (links are below).
For more information contact:
Alexa Rundquist, email@example.com or 952-496-8530
or call the main number at 952-496-8555
Minnesota Responds - MRC Registration:
The Medical Reserve Corps
Community Emergency Response Team(CERT)
Minnesota Department of Health