Children can depend on their parents for the support they need.
To promote the well-being of children and the self-sufficiency of families by delivering quality child support services.
Child Support services are offered through Minnesota counties. Either parent, with or without custody of their children may receive these services. Families not receiving public assistance must apply for services and pay a one time fee of $25.00. Families receiving MFIP, medical assistance, and child care assistance must cooperate with child support efforts to continue receiving benefits. County child support offices use a variety of tools to set and collect support.
Child Support services include:
• Locating non-custodial parents.
• Establishing parentage.
• Establishing and enforcing child support orders which, includes medical support and child care support.
• Collecting current and past due support.
Collections and enforcement tools available:
• Withholding child support from pay checks.
• Intercepting Federal and State tax refunds to pay child support arrears.
• Reporting those owing child support arrears to credit bureaus.
• Suspending or revoking state issued occupational licenses for failure to pay child support.
• Reviewing and adjusting child support orders periodically.
• Intercepting lottery winnings of more than $600.00.
• Adjusting child support orders for cost of living increases every two years.
• Bringing court actions for contempt against parents to collect support.
• Statewide child support enforcement system
Current participants can access their accounts online at Minnesota Child Support Online: http://www.childsupport.dhs.state.mn.us/Action/Welcome
You will need your 10 digit participant number and your pin number to access your account.
Click on link below to access the Web Calculator:
Click on the link below, Minnesota Courts website, to download various Child Support forms:
Child Support Forms