Instructions for Dropping Off your Household Hazardous Waste Items
Are you bringing items into the Scott County HHW Facility? Please remember that ALL items (both good and bad) must be given directly to our HHW staff - DO NOT place your good items into the RE-USE Room yourself.
Simply follow these easy instructions to drop-off your unwanted or unneeded items at the HHW Facility:
1) Visit the Scott County HHW Facility when we are open to serve the public: on Wednesday afternoon, Thursday afternoon, or Saturday morning (visit the links on the left side of this page for location and schedule information). Please be prepared to unload your items as instructed (bring help for heavy or bulky items, if needed).
2) Use the western-most driveway into the Scott County Public Works Facility (Highway Garage) from Highway 282. As you enter their parking lot, you will see a gate and fenced-in area to your left - that is the HHW Facility. Drive through the gate, and onto the HHW Facility driveway. As you approach the HHW Facility, stay in the right lane (drive under the overhang) to drop off ALL of your items - both good and bad (do not bring any items into the RE-USE Room yourself, we must check all items before they go onto the RE-USE Room shelves).
3) Pull forward to the stop sign, waiting inside your car until yours is the first car in line, then exit your vehicle and open your trunk or tailgate. Please have your drivers license ready.
4) We will bring out a cart. You may then place your items on the top shelf of the cart. Please do not begin to unload your items until that cart arrives at your vehicle. Please bring someone with you to help you unload your large, heavy and/or bulky items, if possible.
5) We will serve one car at a time. Thank you for your patience!
6) Checks, cash, and credit cards are accepted for payment when dropping off items that are accepted for a fee. Please visit the "Price List for Electronics, Appliances, and Tires" link to the left for an A-Z list of fees charged for various items.