“The mission of Scott County Community Corrections is:
To ensure public safety by reducing offender recidivism through community involvement, effective programming, and supervision of offenders while being supportive and responsive to the needs of victims and the community.”
Scott County Community Corrections
Government Center JC148
200 4th Avenue West
Shakopee, MN 55379
Phone: (952) 496-8260
The primary function of Scott County Community Corrections is supervision and case management for individuals who have been placed on probation by the First Judicial District Court.
In serving the Adult Criminal and Juvenile Delinquency Courts we provide supervision which ranges from minimum to intensive individual.
Services provided to the individuals under Court supervision:
- Chemical use assessments
- Domestic abuse assessments
- Education programs for issues of chemical abuse and violence
- Referral services to appropriate chemical abuse or violence programs
- Counseling of clients on an individual or group basis
- Coordination and facilitation of restorative conferences
- Restitution investigations
- Culturally specific supervision
- Sentence to Service and Community Work Service
Scott County Community Corrections also provides the following pre-court services to the First Judicial District Court:
- Pre-trial monitoring of individuals who have been ordered to comply with no contact orders and/or no drug or alcohol use conditions
- Preparation of pre-disposition and pre-sentence investigations
In addition, Scott County Community Corrections provides coordination with law enforcement and other agencies such as diversionary programs for individuals as referred by the County Attorney’s Office.
In the application of all services Scott County Community Corrections has adopted the tenets of Restorative Justice as our objective.