Scott County 911 Communications Division
The Scott County Sheriff’s Communications Division is the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for the approximate 120,000 residents of Scott County, as well as the many visitors and commuters traveling throughout the County. The Communications Division, (or Dispatch Center) is made up of 17 employees, including 3 Sergeants, as well as the Division PSAP Coordinator and Director. The Communications Division is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The primary duties of a dispatcher include:
• Answer all 911 phone calls
• Answer all non – emergency phone calls
• Dispatch Police, Fire & EMS for Scott County:
• 8 Police Departments
• 11 Townships
• 8 Fire Departments (7 volunteer - 1 full time)
• 4 Ambulance Services (EMS)
• Dispatch Fire & EMS for portions of LeSueur, Rice & Sibley Counties
• Activate the Scott County Warning System
• Using Computer Aided Dispatch system (CAD), collect necessary information to be dispatched to responding units.