County Highway 8 Corridor Study
County Highway (CH) 8 is the only continuous east-west arterial serving central Scott County, extending over 15 miles from the Jordan/Belle Plaine area to I-35. The purpose of the CH 8 Corridor Study is to define a long-term plan for preserving rights-of-way, managing access, and providing guidance for future road improvements.
The Study was adopted by the County Board on October 15, 2013. Resolutions of support were also adopted by the six Township Boards along the corridor. The Study has been used to guide preliminary design for the reconstruction of CH 8 between CH 91 and the eastern County Line.
- Address existing and forecasted safety, capacity, and mobility needs;
- Define a vision for preservation of the corridor as a future principal arterial as identified in the Scott County 2030 Comprehensive Plan;
- Establish an access management plan to guide property development and identify supporting road network needs along the entire corridor;
- Determine future right-of-way needs for the entire corridor; and
- Prepare preliminary design and geometrics from the county line to TH 13.
Project Study Contacts