COVID-19 Status Update - 6/3/2020 4:00 PM
Scott County Customer Service is now accepting appointments for driver’s license and identification card transactions only. This includes renewals, duplicates for address changes, lost or stolen licenses, upgrades to Real or Enhanced DL/IDs. Please click here for more details!
All other services such as tabs, title transfers, disability certificates, duplicate titles, and other deputy registrar services will continue to be offered through the drop boxes or mail. We are also able to accept applications for marriage licenses via email, fax, mail, or drop box. Please ensure that all transactions left in the drop boxes have a phone number enclosed. Requests will be processed within 48 hours and returned via mail.
Please follow us on Facebook to see our step-by -step videos on how to process transactions during a building closure.
Questions? Reach out to us via email at email@example.com or call 952-496-8432. We have staff ready and available to answer your questions from 8 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday.
A standard driver’s license or ID is acceptable for domestic air travel until October 1st, 2021.
- Be at least 15 years old
- Have completed 30 hours of classroom instruction and enrollment in behind-the-wheel instruction
- If you are 18 or older, classroom and behind-the-wheel instruction is not required
- Pass a vision screening and knowledge (written) test
Apply in Person
Apply in person at the Shakopee Customer Service Center
Remember to bring
- One primary and one secondary document from the identification list
- Your social security number if you have one
- If you are under 18, a parent or guardian with proper identification must be present
- Proof of your completed classroom instruction
- Proof of enrollment in behind-the-wheel instruction
- Knowledge test results (Please note we are not a testing facility - see MN DVS Locations for the closest office)
Under 18 limitations
- Supervising driver must be 21 years old or older.
- Every occupant must wear a seat belt or use a child passenger restraint system.
- You may not use, or talk on, a cell phone while driving (with or without a hands-free device).
18 and older limitations
- Supervising driver must be 18 years old or older.
- All passengers must wear a seat belt or use a child passenger restraint system.
$13.25 - valid for two years from the date of application
You can pay with cash, check (payable to Scott County) or credit card. If you pay with a credit card you will be paying a 2.45% convenience fee.