Appointments must be scheduled 24 hours prior to inmate visit.
MONDAY APPOINTMENTS MUST BE SCHEDULED NO LATER THAN 4:00 PM ON FRIDAYS.
If you have any questions, please call Jail Administration at 952-496-8314.
Monday 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM & 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Tuesday 9:30 AM -11:30 AM & 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Wednesday 9:30 AM -11:30 AM & 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM (Children Only - see guidelines)
Thursday 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM & 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Friday 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Saturday 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Sunday NO VISITING
no visiting dates: 09/07/2020; 11/26/2020; 12/25/2020 & 01/01/2021
Rules & Regulations for Video Visitation
All video calls are timed to automatically end after 20 minutes per visit or by officer discretion.
- Visitors are restricted to one (1) visit with the same inmate per day. Exceptions to these rules may be requested due to special circumstances, including, but not limited to:
- The distance the visitor must travel.
- Health problems or other family emergencies.
Minor children/step children and siblings of the inmate may visit as long as the child is accompanied by an adult. All other minors are not allowed to visit. (i.e. cousins, nieces, nephews).
- In the case of an underage spouse, underage visitors must present proof of marriage to Jail Staff in order to visit without an adult.
- Emancipated minors, with proof of emancipation, may visit without an adult.
A maximum of 2 adult visitors may visit an inmate at the same time. Each adult may be accompanied by one child under 18 years of age for a total of four visitors. One adult can be accompanied by 3 children for a total of four visitors.
- All inmates participating in programs, medical appointments, work detail, etc. will not be excused to participate in visiting.
- People who have been incarcerated in the Scott County Jail within the last six (6) months will not be allowed to visit.
- Any visitor caught bringing in or dropping off contraband will be banned from future visitations at the Scott County Jail and may be subject to criminal charges.
- Parents or legal guardians will not leave children unattended. Any child out of control will cause the visit to be terminated.
- Scott County Jail is not responsible for items left in the visitation room or lobby.
- An inmate has the right to refuse a visit.
- Visitors must conduct themselves in an orderly manner. Persons who are unruly or believed to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be denied visitation.
- Visitors creating a disturbance, using obscene language or behaving in a suggestive manner will have their visit terminated and they will be asked to leave. Future visits may also be banned.
- Gum, candy, drink, or food items are not be allowed in any visitation rooms.
- The Scott County Jail will not accept personal property, letters, or documents from visitors to be passed on to inmates. If there are documents that need to be signed by an inmate, it should be arranged through the U.S. Mail or inmate’s legal counsel.
- Inmate personal property or clothing may be accepted during visiting hours if the items have been approved on an Item Entry Form (16.24F5) prior to the visit.
- Visitors must be properly attired at all times. No revealing clothing or removal of clothing is permitted during video visitation. Footwear is mandatory. A visitor will be asked to leave and the visit will be terminated if a visitor is in violation of the rules.
- Destruction of telephone equipment or other Scott County property will result in visit termination and possible arrest and criminal prosecution.
- Jail Receptionist and Corrections Staff working visiting shall have visitors complete a Visitor Request Form (16.24F3), obtain proper identification, and assign video visitation booth. Receptionist or Officer will instruct the visitor to the appropriate public visit location. The Receptionist or Officer will log in the visitor in Jail Management System (JMS). Visitors will leave their photo I.D. at the reception desk; this will assure that visitors are logged out of JMS in exchange for the photo I.D.
- The Housing Officer will inform the inmate of a visit. Video visitation is done in the Housing Units. The inmate will walk to the assigned video visitation booth in the Housing Unit and pick up telephone to start the visit.
- There will be twenty (20) minutes per visit and a timer on the video visitation screen will begin countdown when there are five ( 5) minutes remaining of the visit. The visit will automatically terminate.
Violations of Rules by Visitors
- If for any reason these rules are violated, Jail Incident Reports shall be written by all officers involved. The visitor will be advised of the Jail Rule Violation and Sanction.
- Any visitor barred from visiting for a rule violation(s) must petition the Jail Administrator, in writing, for authorization to visit again.