Night to Unite
Due to concerns over the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and for the health and safety of the people in the community, the Sheriff's Office will not be participating in Night to Unite activities this year. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to another great event in 2021.
We continue to encourage people to get out and meet their neighbors and local law enforcement personnel to make our communities stronger and safer. If you would like to request the Sheriff’s Office participation in an informal neighborhood event (while maintaining proper social distancing), please complete and submit this ONLINE REQUEST FORM. We will attempt to make every effort to attend, as patrol schedules allow.
Night to Unite (also known as National Night Out) is a statewide event that builds and fosters community bonds between citizens, businesses, and public safety organizations, such as the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office. This annual celebration occurs on the first Tuesday in August and gathers neighborhoods and public safety personnel together for an evening to promote safe communities.
Night to Unite goals are to:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness.
- Generate support and participation in crime prevention and community policing programs.
- Strengthen neighborhood spirits and public safety-community partnerships.
- Let criminals know that you are committed to keeping your neighborhood safe.
- Neighborhoods across the state display outdoor lights and front porch vigils and celebrate with a variety of events and activities, including block parties and cookouts, with visits from sheriff’s offices, police and fire departments, and elected officials.
“Night to Unite gives us the opportunity to meet with our citizens and discuss ways we can help each other prevent crime in our neighborhoods,” said Sheriff Luke Hennen. “The partnership between law enforcement and community is the key in continuing to make Scott County a great, safe place to live."
Register for Night to Unite
The Scott County Sheriff’s Office invites neighborhoods to register for Night to Unite. Registering in advance allows for deputies and public safety personnel to be aware of planned events, which offers the opportunity to attend and meet citizens.
The online registration form has been removed due to this event being cancelled in 2020.
Residents and businesses in the townships of Scott County are encouraged to plan and hold a Night to Unite event in your neighborhood. For other communities within Scott County (within city limits), please contact your local law enforcement agency.More Information
If you have any questions, please call Community Engagement Deputy Amy Lueck at 952-496-8862 or by email.