CH 21/TH 13 Reconstruction
- Construction Year(s): 2019-2020
- Community: City of Prior Lake
- Corridor Served: CH 21
- Project Lead: Scott County
- Contractor: S.M. Hentges & Sons, Inc.
- Anticipated Construction Completion: July 2020
Traffic Control:Mon, March 23, 2020 Eastbound lane closure on CR 21 from TH 13 to Franklin Trail.
Mon, March 30, 2020 Full intersection closure will begin.
Thurs, June 18, 2020: TH 13 will be temporarily reclosing at Franklin Trail and CR 44 to complete paving work and will reopen early July. Traffic is to use TH 13 detour on CR 17. See map (PDF).
Tues, June 30, 2020: CR 21 has reopened on West Ave.
Fri, July 10, 2020: 21/13 intersection is opening Friday evening. Crews may still be on site the following weeks to finish remaining restoration work, but this work will not close the roadway.
Scott County, in coordination with the City of Prior Lake and the Minnesota Department of Transportation, is planning intersection improvements on County Highway (CH) 21 and State Highway (TH) 13 in downtown Prior Lake. This intersection was identified as needing improvement due primarily to mobility concerns, but also in regard to traffic safety concerns associated with the existing and forecasted traffic.
The project will evaluate potential improvements to intersections in close proximity to the CH 21/TH 13 intersection, in particular CH 21 and Main Avenue. It will also take into consideration traffic impacts on surrounding streets, including impacts on pedestrian safety and accessibility.
The focus of this effort will be on downtown Prior Lake, with a corridor visioning exercise completed for the longer segment of CH 21 from CH 82/154th Street to Franklin Trail. The Corridor Visioning Study will help to identify how the intersection reconstruction project can holistically fit into the future vision of the corridor and its surroundings.
- Enhance vehicle mobility on major transportation corridors
- Safely accommodate all users along the major transportation corridors
- Provide a comprehensive network for non-motorized transportation that is compatible with the major transportation corridors
- Provide infrastructure improvements compatible with the natural and human environment
- Develop a financially responsible infrastructure implementation plan
- Preserve and enrich the character of downtown Prior Lake
For More Detailed Information
Watch a short video on the intersection reconstruction project here.
Go to the project website at www.movingforward13-21.com or visit the project's Facebook page here.
Construction Drone Footage
April 22, 2020