Curbside Pickup Service Information
Update 7/13: Curbside Pickup service will continue when library buildings reopen Monday 7/20.
Scott County Library is excited to offer Curbside Pickup to support schools and families learning at home. This FAQ describes how to pick up items on hold and make an appointment. For all other service questions, please consult our COVID-19 Response page.
How It Works
1. Put Library items on hold:
- Use our Catalog or our mobile app to search for items and put them on hold.
2. Watch your email for notifications:
- When the item is ready, we’ll send you an email notification. Your email notification will display which items are available.
- Not sure if you missed a notification? You can also check your Available Holds in My Account or our mobile app.
2. Sign up for a Pickup Appointment:
- Sign up for a pickup time using our Appointments page. For all Curbside Pickup hours across all branches, see our Locations & Hours page.
- In the Form, make sure to provide the library card numbers for all accounts you’re trying to pick up for. You may pick up for multiple family members or cards at a time.
- NEW - Printing: Drop the link to the online item you’d like printed, or upload a file while completing the booking form. We will print up to 10 pages in Black & White per customer.
3. Visit your library:
- When you arrive to pick up your holds, pull into the space reserved for Curbside Pickup. There will be signs to help direct you.
- Call the pickup library to let them know you have arrived. Please have your library card on hand or be prepared to provide your card number just in case. (Helpful to know: Our Mobile app offers a digital version of your barcode - great to keep on your phone!)
Frequently Asked Questions
Which items may I pick up?
You may pick up items that are on the Holds shelf and you’ve received a notification for. Please consult your pickup email notification to see what’s available, or check your account. You may also place holds on items through our catalog and pick them up at your library when they are ready. There may be delays in fulfilling requests. We thank you in advance for your patience.
Do I need to make separate appointments for all the different things I’m picking up?
No, you may pick up all items that are Available on your account in one appointment, including Print Jobs and Program Supplies. If printing, please select Print Job Pickup in a multi-type booking, so we may print your job in a timely fashion (see below). You also do not need to make multiple appointments for different items or family accounts.
Can you print something for me?
Yes, we offer curbside printing and pickup! We can print from either a link you provide or a file you upload to our booking form. Make sure to select Print Job Pickup from the Service menu on the appointment booking page. We will print up to 10 pages in Black & White per customer. We will also provide a print job cover sheet for privacy. Please call your branch if you have questions about printing.
What happens if I can’t make my appointment?
We will return your items to the Hold shelf. Holds expire after 21 days after you are notified. You may also reschedule your appointment here.
Can I return items at this time?
Yes, you may return items in a bookdrop at any library location at your convenience.
Returning a larger item that won’t fit in a bookdrop? Please drop it off during Curbside hours so we may arrange to bring it inside. No need to make an appointment - just call us when you arrive.
For all other Curbside Pickup questions, please use our Ask a Librarian form.