Curbside Pickup Service Information
On Wednesday, March 25, Governor Walz announced an executive order directing Minnesotans to Stay at Home. During this time, libraries have been given guidance by the MN Department of Education to offer curbside pickup services, while following social distancing recommendations, to support schools and families learning at home. This FAQ describes how to take advantage of Scott County Library Curbside Pickup. For all other service questions, please consult our COVID-19 Response page.
How it works:
1. For Library Items - Check what’s Available to you:
- Look for your Available Holds in My Account or the Scott County Library mobile app.
- Your email notification will also display which items are available.
2. Schedule Your Pickup Time:
- Sign up for a pickup time using our Appointments page. For all Curbside Pickup hours across all branches, see our Locations & Hours page.
- In the Form, make sure to provide the library card numbers for all accounts you’re trying to pick up for. You may pick up for multiple family members.
- NEW - Printing: Drop the link to the online item you’d like printed, or upload a file while completing the booking form. We will print up to 10 pages in Black & White per customer.
3. Visit the Branch:
- When you arrive to pick up your holds, pull into the space reserved for Curbside Pickup. There will be signs to help direct you.
- Call the pickup library to let them know you have arrived. Please have your library card on hand or be prepared to provide your card number just in case. (Helpful to know: Our Mobile app has your card number saved into the app once you’ve logged in.)
Frequently Asked Questions
Which items may I pick up?
You may pick up items that are on the Holds shelf and you’ve received a notification for. Please consult your pickup notification to see what’s available, or check your account. You may also place holds on items through our catalog and pick them up at your library when they are ready. There may be delays in fulfilling requests. We thank you in advance for your patience.
Can you print something for me?
Yes, we now offer curbside printing and pickup. We can print from either a link you provide or a file you upload to our booking form. Make sure to select Print Job Pickup from the Service menu on the appointment booking page. We will print up to 10 pages in Black & White per customer. We will also provide a print job cover sheet for privacy. Please call your branch if you have questions about printing.
Do I need to make separate appointments for all the different things I’m picking up?
No, you may pick up all items that are Available on your account in one appointment, including Print Jobs and Program Supplies. If printing, please select Print Job Pickup in a multi-type booking, so we may print your job in a timely fashion. You also do not need to make multiple appointments for different items or family accounts.
What happens if I can’t make my appointment?
We will return your items to the Hold shelf. They will not be released to another customer. We will keep them for at least a week after library buildings reopen. You may also reschedule your appointment here.
Can I return items at this time?
Yes, you may return items during a Curbside appointment or drop them in a bookdrop at any library location at your convenience.
Returning a larger item that won’t fit in a bookdrop? Please drop it off during Curbside hours so we may arrange to bring it inside. No need to make an appointment - just call us when you arrive.
For all other Curbside Pickup questions, please use our Ask a Librarian form.