Apply for Case Management Services
Case ManagementIf you are interested in applying for case management in the Developmental Disabilities Unit, please call 952-496-8556.
The Developmental Disabilities (DD) Unit has Case Managers who specialize in resources for people of all ages*. Your initial request for case management services will begin with a MnCHOICES comprehensive assessment conducted by a Certified Assessor to determine if the applicant is eligible for Rule 185 case management. During this time you will learn about services and resources that the applicant may potentially be able to access. You will also be required to complete county paperwork and provide documentation of the individual's disability. This information will be used in determining eligibility for the applicant. A Case Manager will be assigned if the applicant is found eligible for Rule 185 case management.
- A copy of applicant’s social security card
- A copy of applicant’s birth certificate
- Psychological evaluation showing diagnosis of intellectual disability - Including IQ and adaptive testing
- Medical diagnosis of a related condition (if applicable)
- All diagnoses and adaptive testing must be no more than 3 years old
- Most recent Individual Education Plan (if applicable)
- Comprehensive 3 year assessment from school (if applicable)
*The referral must be made by applicant or their legal representative. Assistance in making the referral may be offered, if needed.