Personalized or Special Plates
Status Update – 07/01/2021
Currently we are operating on a hybrid customer service model. What does that mean? At this time, all driver’s license and identification card transactions are required to have an appointment for service. This includes renewals, duplicates for an address or name change, lost or stolen licenses, and upgrades to Real or Enhanced DL/IDs. Upgrades to Real ID or Enhanced ID do require additional documentation.
All other services such as tabs, title transfers, disability certificates, duplicate titles, marriage license applications, birth/death/marriage certificates (along with additional deputy registrar services) can be processed by one of the following methods:
- Standby service: add your name to our standby list either from home or once you are in the building. Our system will inform you of your place in line. Availability is subject to current capacity limits and you must be in the building when your name is called in order to be served. Add your name to our standby list (starts daily at 8am)
- Via drop box (located in the circular drive on Atwood St between 4th and 5th Avenues) or mail. Please ensure that all transactions have a phone number enclosed. Your request will be processed in the order it was received and returned via mail.
Questions? Call or reach out to us via email at email@example.com. We have staff ready and available to answer your questions from 8 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday.
Construction update 05/05/2021:
We have moved to our temporary location. Please use the map below to find places to park.
(*note – the drop box is located in the circular driveway off of Atwood St.)
You will need to:
• Fill out the Special Plate Application
• Put the completed special plate application in an envelope or set up an appointment below
• Call our Customer Service Center at 952-496-8432 for your vehicle tab price
• Place in the drop box or mail to a Scott County Customer Service.
• Or apply in person using our standby list
• Your plates will be processed first in - first out
• We will mail your receipt to you after processing
• Check or Money Order
• Make the check out to Scott County
• Include your driver’s license number and phone number on the check
• Credit/Debit Card by Phone (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express)
• Leave call back phone number in envelope / email (we will call you for your credit card number)
• Card must be in registered owner’s name o Additional 2.49% service fee is applied at time of sale