- You Are Here:
- Citizen Advisory Boards, Commissions, & Committees
- Library Board
The five member Scott County Library Board of Advisors determines the policies of the library system. The board is appointed by the Scott County Board of Commissioners. Meetings are the third Thursday of every month at 5:30 pm at various libraries (the schedule is below). All meetings are open to the public.
Contact Library Administration at 952-496-8010 if you wish to see board meeting minutes prior to 2018 (2018 and after can be found here), get more information on library polices or contact the Library Board.
- January 16: Prior Lake Library
- February 20: Library Administration
- March 19: Library Administration - CANCELED
- April 16: New Prague Library- CANCELED
- May 21: Online Meeting
- June 18: CANCELED
- July 16: CANCELED
- August 20: Online Meeting
- September 17: Online Meeting
- October 15: Online Meeting
- November 19: Online Meeting
- December 17: Online Meeting
Agendas and minutes for each of the meetings are posted here. Agendas are posted at least 3 days in advance of the meeting.
- Joyce Bailey District 1 (Belle Plaine, Jordan, New Prague)
- Ed Speiker
District 2 (Elko New Market)
- Michelle Salmonson District 3 (Shakopee)
- Jill Kufrin
District 4 (Prior Lake)
- Lauren Spranger
District 5 (Savage)
- Barbara Weckman Brekke, County Board Liaison
The 5 member Scott County Library Board of Advisors carries out a variety of responsibilities to ensure that the library operates from a solid and trusted foundation shaped by the community it serves. As a team, the Advisory Board works together to assess customer input, encourages innovation and creativity, fosters thoughtful and strategic discussions about opportunities and challenges, and supports the library staff. As individuals, Advisory Board members use their personal and professional interests, expertise, and connections to raise the library's profile in the community and support the library's long-term vision. The Board is appointed by the Scott County Board of Commissioners. Contact Library Administration at 952-496-8010 if you wish to see board meeting minutes, get more information on library polices or contact the Library Board.
If you are interested in applying to be a future member of the Board of Adjustment, complete the online application form or contact Deb Brazil via email or at 952-496-8601.